Full day tour to Preah Khan Kampong Svay
Preah Khan Kampong Svay is the largest temple complex found in Cambodia. Four times the size of Angkor Wat, it occpupies an area of 5 square kilometers and it comprises 4 enclosure walls, the central sancturary, a baray and various buldings and basins. Located 105 kilometers from Siem Reap, it is a remote temple and it receives very few visitors if compared with other Angkor Temples. It has undergone some restoration works but it remains very much in its natural state and it is a rewarding site for those who venture all the way here. You can access the temple from the eastern Baray, which has a cruciform sandstone shrine in the middle (prah Thkol) and a square pyramid in the Southeast corner of the Baray (Preah Damrei). At the western end of the moat you will come across Prasat Prah Stung, a sactuary containing carved face that resemble those Bayon. A bridge flanked by naga balustrades will take you to the eastern gopura and ahead of this is the cruciform shaped central sanctuary standing on a two tiered platform.
- English speaking expert guide
- Private air-con transportation
- Lunch, Drinking water and fresh fruit
- Temple pass
- Gratuities (tip)
- Soft drink/beer
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
What to Expect
- We will arrive back in Siem Reap around 5 pm. We can either take you back to your hotel or to another destination of your choice in town.
- Other things to bring: hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- CBGA will provide drinking water in a big container to refill, so we request you to bring your own water bottle from home or from your hotel. It is our campaign to reduce plastic waste.