Critical Birding Cambodia in 7 Day Tour
A selection for our 7 days birding to 5 birding sites: Changkran Roy, Florican Grassland, Tmatboey, Vulture Restaurant, and Kratie. We will start with one night camping at Changkran Roy (for Bar-bellied Pitta and Oriental Bay Owl…) then back to Siem Reap before continue on to Florican Grassland (for Bengal Florican and Manchurian Reed-warbler…) and on to the Northern Plains staying Tmatboey for 2 nights (for Giant Ibis & White-shouldered Ibis), and Vulture Restaurant for one night (for the three vultures), and finished with Kratie for one night (for Mekong Wagtail & River Dolphin).
This 7-day itinerary we hope for nearly 200 bird species for our list including these targets: Bar-bellied Pitta, Oriental Bayowl, Bengal Florican, Manchurian Reed-warbler, White-shouldered Ibis, Giant Ibis, Pale-capped Pigeon, White-rumped Pygmy Falcon, Red-headed Vulture, Slender-billed Vulture, White-rumped Vulture, Mekong Wagtail, Asian Golden Weaver, and the Irrawaddy Dolphin.
- Changkran Roy (Day 1 & 2)
- The reserve Changkran Roy supports some potential wildlife including the target bird species Bar-bellied Pitta, Oriental Bay Owl, Blyth’s Frogmouth, Silver-breasted Broadbill, Common Green Magpie, Coral-billed Ground Cuckoo, and Himalayan Night-heron, etc.
- Florican Grassland (Day 3)
- The grassland supports Critically Endangered Bengal Florican, the rare wintering Manchurian Reed-warbler, Sarus Crane, Greater Spotted Eagle, and Imperial Eagle, Pied Harrier and Eastern Marsh-harrier, Siberian Ruby Throat, Red Avadavat, and Small Buttonquail.
- Tmatboey (Day 4 & 5)
- The most significant ground for the critically endangered Giant Ibis, White-shouldered Ibis, also Pale-capped Pigeon, Woolly-necked Stork, Indian Spotted Eagle, Grey-headed Fish Eagle, White-rumped Falcon, Savanna Nightjar, 16 species of woodpeckers, 9 species of Owls.
- Boeng Toal Vulture Restaurant (Day 6)
- the Vulture Restaurant supports critically endangered Slender-billed Vulture, White-rumped Vulture, Red-headed Vulture, and Himalayan Griffon, Indian Nightjar, Blyth’s Frogmouth, Indian Spotted Eagle, Woodpeckers, and other DDF bird species.
- Kratie (Day 7)
- one of the must-visit place in northeastern Cambodia, with an exciting boat trip on the Mekong River to see the fascinating Irrawaddy River Dolphin and going upstream to the islands to look for the recently-described Mekong Wagtail
- Guiding by CBGA birding expert
- Overland transportations
- Accommodations at Tmatboey
- Meals (excludes dinner in Siem Reap & Phnom Penh)
- Drinking water
- Entrance fees
- Conservation contributions
- Local guide/ranger
- Siem Reap’s accommodation
- Flight / airport tax
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance