Birding in Cambodia, Southeast Asia, with professional bird guides from the Cambodia Bird Guide Association (CBGA), based in Siem Reap, to help you find birds you would like to see. With various trips from half-day to 3-week itinerary in Cambodia.
Taking you to our 18 birding sites in Cambodia:
1. Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary – Boat trip across Tonle Sap to the breeding colony of large waterbird.
2. Angkor Wat – Temples and birds at the archaeological park UNESCO World Heritage Site
3. Kbal Spean – Temples and birds at Kulen National Park
4. Phnom Krom Marshland – Wetland near Siem Reap by the Edge of Tonle Sap lake – best place for a half-day birding in Siem Reap
5. Changkran Roy – Bird feeding station, also best for bird photographing
6. Ang Trapeang Thmor – Sarus Crane Reserve
7. Florican Grassland – Bengal Florican Conservation Area along the Tonle Sap floodplain in Siem Reap and Kompong Thom
8. Koh Ker – DDF forest for forest bird White-rumped Pygmy-falcon and the pyramid temple
9. Tmatboey – Dry dipterocarp forest for Giant and White-shouldered Ibis
10. Boeng Toal – Vulture Restaurant for the 3 critically endangered vultures – Red-headed, White-rumped, and Slender-billed Vultures.
11. Okoki – White-winged Duck pool in Chhep Wildlife Sanctuary
12. Kratie – Boat trip to see the River Dolphin and Mekong Wagtail
13. Koh Samseb (new)- Birding on the Islands along Mekong River in the Sambor Wildlife Sanctuary for a great number of good birds (Mekong Wagtail, White-shouldered ibis, Green Peafowl …..
14. Keo Seima Wildlife Sanctuary – Evergreen forest for mammals and birds in the Eastern Plain
15. Chaktomuk Marshland – Home for Cambodian Tailorbird
16. Pursat Grassland – the place to find the Chinese Grass-babbler, at the southern floodplain of Tonle Sap
17. Bokor National Park – birding in the southern part of Cambodia
18. Phnom Aural – Climb the Cambodian highest peak in Cardamom Mountain for the Cambodian Laughingthrush.